I’m off on my summer break, but before I go, here’s all the latest whisky news.
The Ncn’ean distillery, which claims to be Scotland’s first fully organic distillery, has opened on the Morvern peninsular (The Drinks Business). Holyrood Distillery, which will return distilling to Edinburgh after a 90-year absence, is looking to raise £5.5m (BBC News).
Clydeside Distillery has recruited former Auchentoshan manager Alistair McDonald as its distillery manager (Insider). Ron Welsh has been announced as Rachel Barrie’s replacement at Bowmore (Scotch Whisky).
R&B Distillers is undertaking barley trails, in the hope of growing and ripening barley on the island which is suitable for making whisky (The Whisky Business).
Glenmorangie Distillery has worked with partners to bring oysters back to the waters of the Dornoch Firth (The Drinks Business).
Israel’s Milk & Honey Distillery has unveiled what is thought to be the country’s first single malt whisky (The Spirits Business).
Bars across Edinburgh will be taking part in the inaugural Edinburgh Cocktail Weekend from 6 to 8 October (Bar Magazine).
And bottles salvaged from the SS Politician have fetched £11,625 at auction in Edinburgh (STV News).
- Ben Bracken – three new single malts from Lidl (Harpers)
- Ben Nevis 20 Year Old – the second bottling from Douglas Laing’s Old Particular Consortium of Cards range (The Spirits Business)
- Black Bowmore 1964 50 Old Year – launches into the US market (The Whisky Business)
- Chita – a new single grain whisky from Suntory (Imbibe)
- Craigellachie 33 Year Old – available in travel retail (Just Drinks)
- Glencadam 13 Year Old – produced from whisky made at the re-start of the distillery’s production process in 2003 (The Drinks Report)
- Glendronach Single Cask Batch 15 – the collection comprises whiskies aged from 21 to 27 years old (The Whisky Business)
- Inchmoan 12 Year Old and Inchmoan Vintage 1992 – two new expressions from The Loch Lomond Group (The Whisky Business)
- Isfjord – the Danish brand has launched two single malt whiskies and a malted aquavit (The Spirits Business)
- Kingsbarn 2 Year Old Spirit Drink – released in anticipation of the distillery’s first whisky (The Whisky Business)
- Royal Salute 21 Year Old Polo Edition – comes housed in a porcelain bottle (The Drinks Report)
- The Balvenie Peated Triple Cask Aged 14 Year – the bottlings will be exclusive to the global travel retail market (The Drinks Report)
And terrible news – Old Pulteney will be discontinuing its fantastic 17 AND 21 year olds, due to a lack of stock (Scotch Whisky).
Blair Bowman’s distillery challenge has raised over £10,000 for charity (Scotch Whisky).